I AM...

imdabomb

I am a teenager. I am ignorant, illiterate and irresponsible. I lie, cheat, steal and hate for no apparent reason. I am rude, inconsiderate and, to all appearances, completely lost. I have never known failure, loss or despair. I never talk to my parents about my life, and would never suffer being seen with them in public. I don't know the value of a dollar and am under the impression that money is cleverly disguised as foliage. I drive 90 miles an hour and cause wrecks, discord and trouble wherever I travel. I know nothing of events, current or past. I am superficial, loud and obnoxious. I am viewed with haughty disapproval as a person who drinks, smokes and parties at every opportunity.

I am a teenager. I am a stereotype. I have been cast unfairly in the role of an imprudent person who knows nothing, is inherently cruel, and always thinking of myself. I am the bane of a society of whom many have never read Tolstoy, Dickens, Bronte, Nietzsche or Rousseau. I am dismissed by many of the generation who fear the day when I become an adult, because then the world will surely fall to pieces. When people look at me, they evaluate through lenses tinted with suspicion, mistrust and doubt.

Some will never know that I am compassionate, humble and patriotic. I am an athlete, singer, artist and comedian. I am a daughter, sister, student and friend. I laugh and cry. I speak out and I brood. I love, dislike, and show indifference. I will be the next Nobel Prize winner, best-selling author, life-saving surgeon, president, or beloved teacher. I have lofty dreams and the ambition to make them reality. I have the determination and self-discipline to see every goal surpassed. I will go to college not just to party and have fun, but to pull myself one step closer to the destination I so greatly desire. Through kind words, intelligent conversation and common courtesy I will change the misconception of youth.

One day, one person at a time, I will show those who judge that they are wrong. When I am an adult there will be a new collection of disrespectful, reckless, hateful youth. Maybe, just maybe, when I look at them, I will see through the labels and see the promise of a future generation. For now, I am simply and proudly myself. I am faithful, loving and honest. I am inquisitive, intelligent and sincere. I am a leader, follower and teacher. I am a teenager.
:D

Pham Vu Ngoc Ha

Here I am :cool:
Don't worry, I will support you by enriching this English box ;)

It is a very good essay. But I don't think that you wrote it because it sounds quite "westerly". The words are relative hazardous and straight... It's a innovative way of writing...
But... could you tell me the reason why you've chosen this essay and bring it in the forum? I mean the sence - what is the message of this essay?

imdabomb

Of course i didn't write it, duh! I got it from Teen Ink. It's a college essay written by an American teenager. The whole idea is about the misconception of teenagers by adults. Some people look at us and think we're the destroyers of society. I think it's wrong to stereotype us just because we're a different generation. They treat us like little kids and think we don't know better. I just wanna say that we have our own hopes and dreams and goals for life. We're not some rejects who are totally dependent on them.

C

Chu Ngoc Yen

well i just wish i could write smt of that sort. But u know i'm blank, i'm down and just think of the badness now. then the sorrow is mine and colors everything i write. so shit. Do u think i should post my college essay here so everybody could read and criticize it? THe deadline draws near, damn it!

And I !
I'm Việt, I've ever read Giang's articl. I feel very good and very moved. I don't know verything I write is all right !
I'm sorry because my standard is limited.....
Ah......Have I few opportunities to someone teach me ! Oki

Thank you for teaching me. If it was to be the truth, I'd to express heartfelt thanks !

Can you give your nick YM ????
This is my nik: yumi_tinhyeu_cuatoi0842007
Bye and cheerful !

C

Chu Ngoc Yen

I'm Push the bully, and what I hate are new kids and sissies, dumb kids and smart, rich kids, poor kids, kids who wear glasses, talk funny, show off, patrol boys and wise guys and kids who pass the pencils and water the plants - and cripples, especially cripples. I love nobody loved.
-A Poetic for Bullies

KaIgEnN

This essay is really good, it's not only for american teenagers, but for all of us. U know, when i was at high school, there were many times I've wished that my parents, my teachers... those adults, they would have been more understanding to me... But for now, it seems that i'm getting closer to them, not because i'm growing up to be an adult, but by trying to understand them more. Why don't you guys try it?

Newayz, this is a really nice essay, thanx alot imdabomb for posting it.

Tra cứu điểm thi

Phần mềm mới

Quảng cáo