First thinking when I’m 18

rikku

This morning I talked to my parents.

The 18th birthday – one of the most important birthdays of one's life, I want a gift from my parents. Exactly, a piano.

Music's my desire and a piano's what I always want, since I was just a child.

But my family is not a rich family.

So I chose the cheapest one, $450 – an old piano which was offered by a friend of mine – I thought my parents could afford it. I told to them. .. But then, I was disappointed when they told me $450 is too much.

.. After a while, they said they agree. The reason was, my mum had promised me a gift before. They could lend somebody that money and would try to earn more.

It was silence after that.

Now I'm thinking about it.
How could I do it? I don’t want to let them down, I love them, more than a piano, more than anything I want to have in my life.

I’m wrong. I'm dissapointed. Not by my family, my parents. .. by myself, with all the childish thinking of mine.

Those few minutes talking made me sure about something. I haven't ever realized that almost everything I want is now out of my reach. I want too much. I’m so stupid, I thought all those things are normal, and I deserve all. But I’m not. I’m 18, do nothing, earn no money, and want a life of a successful adult. I haven’t ever realized, for what I’ve had this time, my parents tried so much. I’m a bad son; I never care about them. I just want to make me feel good.

I must change. I must do everything myself, I must try my best to achieve what I want, I couldn’t depend on my parents.

I don’t want a piano anymore. I want nothing for my 18th birthday. A piano, that’d still be in my dream like it was; and I promise it’d be the first thing I buy when I could afford it myself.
.. Now go and tell dad..

Mum and dad, I love you and I won’t let you down. Believe me, even you’d never know my thinking now.
Saturday May 20, 2006 - 08:42am

kiddo

At least now you can show that you've really grown up ;) Congratulation & happy birthday :D
Keep it up, study hard, make your parents proud, and... don't forget to proofread;)

kiddo

@Rikku: good choice, dude. You got it, now go for it. I got a piano too, but I used to hate it, and now I regret it. But it's never too late, is it? I'll do it again when I have a chance :D

@x_factor: shouldn't it be "too harsh"? hehe, j/k, don't take it personal. I'm just a bit obsessive sometimes ;) Btw, where's Wallenberg?

x_factor

@kiddo, Wallenberg is my old HS, goddamn user CPU wont let me fix the darn thing. I go to SFSU now, in San Francisco, CA, U.S. Where you at? you really in Africa? hollerback
@rikku, nice story dude, just dont bring your self esteem down just because of it.

kiddo

Bingo, it's a really small world after all :))
I've been in SFSU for quite a while, and still am ;) We could even have met before, babe:D

kiwi_vn

Năm tôi 18 tuổi , tôi dự định học nâng cấp tiếng Anh cho bằng bạn bằng bè , nhưng tôi bận chơi bời khi vào ĐH thì lại có nhiều mối quan tâm khác , nên khi tôi sắp 20 tuổi , ngậm ngùi ngồi tra từ điển những từ các vị 18 đang viết :(

x_factor

kiddo said:
Bingo, it's a really small world after all :))
I've been in SFSU for quite a while, and still am ;) We could even have met before, babe:D
wow thats funny
you still go there? you're a junior?senior? We should meet dude. How cool

kiddo

The good news is... yep, I'm still there :D, and the not-so-good news (for me, at least) is... I'm kindda super senior by now :( :))
PM me ur YM ID :)

Tra cứu điểm thi

Phần mềm mới

Quảng cáo